Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Baking Binge

Earlier this week I had a bit of a baking binge - well probably not compared to some people's baking, but as much as I like baking, I don't normally make 2 different things in a few hours, so it felt like a binge to me!

I had some Feijoa & Pear yoghurt from The Collective Dairy that needed using up. So I went on a hunt for a Yoghurt Cake recipe and found this one. I did wonder what the flavor of the yoghurt would do to the cake, but you can't actually taste the yoghurt as such - just the lemon. I chose not to ice the cake as I figured it was sweet enough as it was.


Then because I'd decided to make soup for dinner, I decided I'd make fresh bread to go with it. Fresh baked bread straight from the oven is always a winner! I thought it would be a good time to try a new recipe, so went hunting thru my books to find a goody....thought I'd found it, til I read the ingredients and it said "1 packet of white bread mix". Now this recipe book was written decades ago, so I don't know what packet mixes they had then, let alone what was in them. Frustrating! I'll have to go back to it when I've got a bit more bread making experience and see if I can make something up!
Instead I ended up on trusty ol' Google, and found this Herb & Cheese Pull Apart Bread

It was pretty tasty!




No comments:

Post a Comment