Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bloomin' Lovely

I really like flowers - pretty much every kind, and especially sweet scented ones. I really like bringing flowers into our home, but they're not a cheap luxury so I'm always looking for ways to use what's in my garden in fun ways. As we have been in our house less than a year its a bit of a surprise what flowers each season - especially as Spring arrives and lots of bulbs pop up.

A couple of days ago I picked these little yellow daisies - I recently added to my assorted jar collection with these wee ones. I think they look really cute with the sweet yellow flowers in them.


I then found these lovely pink pretties - they smell divine too. I have them sitting just inside the front door so every time I come home I'm greeted with their lovely scent.


Not inside my house! But I did also see this beautiful Kowhai tree went out for a walk the other day - you can't really see it but it had about 10 Tui's having a feast on its flowers!



Are you a flower fan? What's your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. I love flowers as well. All the flowers in our garden have a story and so when we leave I will dig them all up and take them with us to our new home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I dug up all my plants and bulbs to take with us too. I'm so glad my special rose survived the move!

      Delete