Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Following the Chevron

I've had plans for aaaaaaaaaaaages to add some colour to the decor of our lounge. We have a very neutral lounge from furniture and wall colour so I wanted to brighten things up a bit. As a wedding gift we received a stunning photograph on canvas, which has pride of place over our couch so I decided to take a colour from the photo to add to the room.

I have a habit of getting bored with things, so decided I'd just add some coloured cushion covers at this stage and see how they go - its much easier to get new cushion covers if I want a new colour than other  things!

So today I finally set aside some time to sew for me (Sweet Designs sewing takes priority most of the time!) and I whipped up a couple of cushion covers. I love the lift they've given the room.



2 comments:

  1. I love the cushion covers! Now I want to make something like that for our lounge....then we can change them if we want different colours. Cushion Cover sewing for dummies is on the cards for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you share pics when you make some cushions :)

      Delete