Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Gingerbread!

Very busy and very behind with blogging these recipes, so today will be a quick photo, type recipe & push publish kinda day! (And I've just realised I'm out of order with posting when I made what, but we won't let that get in the way of progress!)


Gingerbread

100gms butter (softened)
3/4C sugar
2 eggs
1C golden syrup
1C milk
3C flour
2tsp ginger
2tsp cinnamon
1 1/2tsp baking soda
crystalised ginger pieces (optional)


  • Cream butter & sugar til light coloured, add eggs & beat.
  • Warm syrup til runny & add milk, stir.
  • Sieve dry ingredients several times
  • Fold the syrup mixture & dry ingredients alternately into the butter mixture. Do not over mix. Fold together until no dry flour remains.
  • Turn into 2 loaf pans (or 20cm square cake tins) lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with chopped pieces of crystalised ginger if using.
  • Bake at 150'C until a skewer comes out clean from the centre, about 30-40mins for square pans, 40-45mins for loaf pans.
Note: 
- I used molasses instead of golden syrup (I'd run out!) & it still tasted good, probably a bit darker in colour than normal.
- I used individual loaf pans, so it took less time to cook, but I can't remember how long! I just guess anyway! (Should I be admitting that?!)



No comments:

Post a Comment