Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A little bit of magic.

My friend's daughters love Unicorns and, lets face it, so do I - so I use them as an excuse for indulging in unicorn related things. So for a special afternoon tea when one of these lovely girls turned 5 back in November, I made unicorn cookies.....100s of them it turned out. That's a good recipe that one! So there were herds of unicorns left over from the afternoon tea party (which we had on a yacht!) - this meant my bake for Good Bitches Baking that week was sorted. Quite likely unicorn cookies weren't going to bring the kind of magic the recipients need, but hopefully the pretty colours of the sweet treats brought a little brightness to their day.

I used this sugar cookie recipe from Cake Warehouse and made this egg free royal icing. I've not made egg free royal icing before - it was great, and so much easier to make another batch when you run out! As far as I can tell, in NZ corn syrup is glucose syrup (well, that's what I used and it worked!)

Anyway if you're like me you just want the pictures of Unicorns, so here you go :)






 


                           

Do you believe in Unicorns?

No comments:

Post a Comment