Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Cookie Time!

I needed something quick and easy this time round, and I always like chocolate and peanut as a flavour combo, so these cookies fit the bill nicely. I was given the recipe for my Hen's Party with the name "Gran's Peanut Cookies" - they seemed quite familiar when I was making (& sampling!) them, so I did some sleuthing and found they're an old favourite from the Edmonds Cookbook. I used to make them as a kid!

=


Gran's Peanut Cookies

1 egg
125gm butter
1 C sugar
1 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 Dsp coca
1 C peanuts
1/2 tsp salt


  • Beat the butter & sugar until well mixed and pale in colour.
  • Add egg, beat again. Then add all the sifted dry ingredients.
  • Mix again then add the peanuts.
  • Place spoonfuls on a greased/lined tray & bake for 15mins at 170'C
NB: If you use raw peanuts toast them slightly first. I just used roasted salted peanuts (it's what was in my cupboard!) and omitted the salt from the recipe!

Happy Munching!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete