Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Heartbreak Cookies

I actually sampled these cookies at a Christmas Cookie swap, which doubled my motivation to make them! Yes, they are good. My niece came for a baking date to help me with my Good Bitches Baking bake, so we made a double batch to have enough for her to take some home (and so my husband could enjoy some baking too!).....it was once we'd eaten the last of our cookies that I discovered why they were probably named Heartbreak Cookies - because you're heartbroken when you run out! But with the amount of chocolaty goodness in them, they're probably pretty medicinal when you've got a broken heart for other reasons too.

My niece and I had a fun time together baking these, & talked a little about how they were going to the local hospice with the hope they'd make someones day a bit better.





Heartbreak Cookies

225g butter, softened
2c sugar
3 eggs
2tsp vanilla
1 1/2c flour
1c cocoa
1tsp baking powder
1tsp salt
1c chocolate pieces (mix of white & dark goes well)
1/2c chopped almonds (or more chocolate!)


  • Preheat the oven to 190'C Fan bake
  • Cream butter & sugar
  • Beat in eggs & vanilla
  • In a seperate bowl stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder & salt
  • Stir about 1/2 flour mix into creamed mixture
  • Add chocolate, nuts & then the remaining flour
  • Drop tablespoonfuls onto lined baking trays
  • Bake 8-10mins until firm but still springy.
  • Eat!


I really think you should make these - you'll thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment