Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Nan's Chocolate Cake

Everyone loves a good chocolate cake don't they? I saw this recipe included a few spices so I was interested to try it. Only problem...its a very small recipe - so I made it in my 18cm cake tin (which is pretty small to start with) and it didn't rise much, so it looked like half a cake. Easily fixed though - I just made another one and layered them together!

Topped off with a rich chocolate buttercream frosting and this cake was delicious - the spices gave it that little extra depth of flavour.



Nan's Chocolate Cake

125 gm Butter
2 Dsp Golden Syrup
1 C sugar
1/2 C Milk
1 1/2 C Flour
1-2 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Mixed Spice
1/2 C Milk
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla


  • In a pot, melt butter, golden syrup and first quantity of milk
  • Sift dry ingredients and then add to the butter mix
  • Mix together second quantity of milk with baking powder and vanilla, then add the cake mixture.
  • Bake 30-40mins at 180'C




Let me know if you bake it - maybe yours will magically rise & you'll only need one cake!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete